Think it’s not a good time to invest in real estate? Think again! A combination of factors are now in alignment, making this market one of the best in recent history for real estate investing.
- Investors are jumping back into the market – Yes, many investors have been on the sideline for the last year and a half, sitting on their cash and waiting for signs of life. But signs of life are appearing everywhere, and now is the time to get back in the market, while prices are still low
- Prices are unlikely to go any lower – Real estate prices in most areas have hit bottom, and the only direction they can go is up. The smartest investors are already grabbing good deals again. What does this all mean for real estate investors like you? More opportunities to reap huge profits.
- Banks want to get rid of properties… FAST – Even though foreclosure rates are slowing and the housing market is springing back to life, banks still haven’t processed all their foreclosure properties. They are looking to unload these properties – quickly!
- Low interest rates – Interest rates have dropped again, and may go even lower. Rates are coming back down as government programs pump more money into housing and banks try to get their cash working again.
- Tax credits – On November 5, 2009, congress voted to extend the first time home buyer’s credit until April 30, 2010. This is spurring a new round of buying and selling, and has created even more opportunities for investors.
The recession continues to create opportunities.
We’re still feeling the effects of a bad recession. The last year has seen record numbers of people hunkering down and waiting for the storm of economic woes to pass. And many of the pundits and self-proclaimed experts out there are telling us it’s a risky time to buy and invest in real estate.
This simply isn’t true. It’s always a good time to buy real estate, when you find the right deal. This is what the real estate tycoons know, and this is why they are in the market in a big way. And this is why the smart money is in real estate investing right now, especially now that it looks like we’re coming out of the recession.
The recession means more foreclosures.
The long unemployment lines we see on the evening news are filled with something different: highly successful people in three-piece suits that never dreamed they would end up unemployed. And what’s worse, many of them are facing foreclosure.
Financial hardship will force families from the comforts of an overpriced home into smaller, more affordable homes, town homes or apartments. This means there will be incredible opportunities in housing as some families move down the property ladder, and others move up.
This gives the investment buyer many opportunities for profit. Not only will there be more short sales, there will also be opportunities to work with homeowners who just want to get away from the stress and burden of having a home that they can no longer afford.
So when is a good time to be a real estate investor? Right now!